Friday, March 19, 2010

DTR - Defining The Relationship!

"Look, we don't have to put a label on it. That's fine. I get it. But you know, I just... I need some consistency."
"I know."
"I need to know that you're not gonna wake up in the morning and feel differently."
"And I can't give you that. Nobody can."

I've always felt that people sort of expected consistency. They liked you, you liked them, and then they wanted promises and they wanted you to say the no matter what's. Why can't two people ever just like each other and have fun liking each other? Are the "What are we doing?" conversations necessary? I find it a bit disheartening when someone asks me that. I thought we were just liking each other, I thought we were having fun. 

Life changes people. One day you might be liking someone, and having fun, the next, well, things can just change. Don't ruin the little moments by trying to define them. 

1 comment:

  1. I think some people just need reassurance that they're not being played, and they see 'labelling' as a sort of willingness to make it work.

    Or something.

    Who knows?

    ReplyDelete