Wednesday, March 24, 2010

05 - Your Favourite Quote.

I think we might have established by now that I find it extremely difficult to pick a favourite anything! I could never pick a favourite quote though. You see, I love quotes. I highlight sentences that appeal to me in books, rewind bits of movies so I can write down narrative word for word. I'm not sure what it is. 
I feel really hard. I'm either indifferent or I'm a hundred per cent in love, a hundred per cent hurt. I don't like anything to be done by halves. I like intensity. I want to feel everything deep down. I want my life to be filled with moments where the emotion is so strong that I feel like I might be swept away. 
I seem to have a problem with expressing my emotion to others though. I always feel like "I love you" is just too small a phrase. It's just three words. It doesn't say, when you leave, I lie on your side of the bed, just to see if I can feel the exact spots where you nestled into sleep. It's three words. 
I like quotes, because I'm always searching for better ways to tell people how I feel. I could never pick a favourite because as long as people keep talking, keep writing, I'll keep highlighting, I'll keep copying and pasting. 

I feel kind of guilty for not giving any straight answers to these blogs, so here are a few quotes that I think are nice. (:












"You can't edit a blank page"

"Words are like nets - we hope they'll cover what we mean, but we know that they can't possibly hold that much joy, or grief, or wonder" - Jodi Picoult.

No comments:

Post a Comment