Monday, March 8, 2010

Have you ever had a fight with somebody; a really, really, big fight, and in a haze of anger, hit them with the bullet, "Yeah, well you don't know me at all"?! I have. It's my defence mechanism. Most people, they look at me and I can almost see the questions in their eyes. They look at me and they want to ask me a hundred things. They don't though, because these people, they all know my reply will be a simple, "I don't know". These people, they want to know me, but eventually, I guess they just realise that they can't. 

I've only ever met one person who, upon the meeting of our eyes, doesn't look at me like I'm a puzzle he needs to solve. He looks at me and I don't feel like I need to explain. It terrifies me. My mind is screaming at me to run, but every second he looks at me, every moment his lips touch mine, I can't think. 

I can't ever tell him that he doesn't know me, because even though I haven't given him all the pieces to make the jigsaw, he's brought his own pieces... And they fit. I'm terrified because if there's one thing I do well, it's thinking, and he has made me stop. I don't think anymore, I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment