Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Something Vague.

Day 4 - Your Sibling

Dear Kevin,

You are the best little brother I ever could have hoped for. I honestly could not be more proud of you than I already am. I guess I used to be kind of jealous of you... because I'm so completely average, and you're amazing at everything you do, but you really don't even realise how wonderful you are and that's what makes you so special. You put in the work behind the scenes, and I know that and you deserve every little bit of praise and recognition you get. I love you so much.

Sarah :)


Day 29 - The person you want to tell everything to, but too afraid to

Dear you,

I'm not really afraid to tell you anything. What I am afraid of, I guess, is that if I told you how much you mean to me, you'd think I expected all kinds of things from you... and I don't. I'm afraid that you think I need you to 'fix' everything and sometimes that makes talking to you kinda difficult. What I'm afraid of is you not being able to separate me from an illness. Yeah, it's hard to tell you things now 'cause you said you don't understand me... and you do. What you don't understand isn't me, it's so many other things.

I just want you to know that I'll always be here for you, no matter what. And when I say no matter what, it means exactly that. And you are awesome.

Sarah.


Day 7 - Your ex boyfriend/girlfriend

Dear C,

It's probably a bit insane to write a blog/letter to you that you will maybe never read, but here goes! I never knew exactly how sad life was until I met you. I never knew you could go from being such a huge part of someone's life to being... the past. I moved on, and so did you and I don't think either of us got hurt too badly, we just ran our course... but it kills me to think I could ever get that close to someone again and then for it to end. We promised we'd always be friends, and while we still talk every so often, it's pretty meaningless. I wish I was still someone you rang because you'd received good news, and you wanted to share.

I wish I could tell you that I missed being friends without it being weird.

For everything else, thank you. I guess because we were together for quite a long time, we grew up together and so a lot of who I am now is due to you. Sure, I learned how sad life is, but I also learned how truly amazing it is, and I don't think I ever told you that. Thank you isn't enough for that little bit of magic. I'll never forget.

Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment