Saturday, June 12, 2010

Smile.

I've been on a 'spreading the love' spree lately. It makes me happy, it seems to make other people happy too. What's not to like? I think that maybe if everybody in the whole world just did one nice thing every single day, we'd all be a hell of a lot better off. It is so easy to focus on sadness, it really is, but there is so much going on that is perfect, and beautiful, and it's completely overwhelming. 
Sometimes I'm so lost for words I have no idea how I manage to write blogs at all. I'm not sure why, but life just fascinates me. It's so full of possibilities, crammed. I could write endless lists of things I want to do, and places I want to see, and moments where I imagine for a second I forget how to breathe because I'm in awe. I think that's why I've spent so many years hating life... Because it isn't long enough, because I know that no matter what, time will run out. 

Time will run out, but I can't waste anymore of it worrying about the fact. 

Smile, even when you don't want to. 

It sounds stupid, but smiling does help. It doesn't make everything better, but it's a start. When time does run out, I don't wanna be that person who was always sad.
I love those people who are always smiling, it's infectious. Feel good factor a million. If everybody in the world smiled at one other person in the world, wouldn't that be lovely? 

"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure, but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."




If everybody in the world smiled at one other person in the world, maybe it'd be a little bit easier to see the perfect, and to see the beautiful. Happiness is so often over-shadowed, but a smile costs nothing to give, and takes only a second, and like the sun, it can brighten up the dullest of days. 

Crazy amounts of love <3

1 comment:

  1. Crazy amounts of love right back!!!! And a big, big smile!

    ReplyDelete